Arisia'15 is over. Please visit the new convention site: www.arisia.org.
If you are interested in helping with any of the positions on this page, email email@example.com. If you're interested in volunteering, but you don't have a specific position in mind, please fill out our Volunteer Signup Form
Open spaces in our Org Chart may also be open positions.
(newest job posting are listed at the top of the page)
Social Media Minion
Need someone who is available Friday afternoon through Saturday evening of Arisia to watch our Social Media requests page and post as needed. Person should have at least minor facility with social media and the ability to make sensible edits when needed.
Tech Events Liaison
This person helps to figure out what the technical requirements of Arisia Events are, and documents them for the rest of the tech team. You should have previous tech experience in a convention or festival setting, where one stage serves many different performances. Many Arisia events involve less-experienced performers; you may need to help them identify their technical support needs. This is primarily a pre-con position; at-con you should attend the daily tech meetings to clarify any tech requirements.
Ops Desk Staff
At-Con Ops Desk staff are expected to answer phone calls, be friendly and work well with Arisia members and staff, and follow the process to distribute items such as key cards and radios to staff members who need them. Experience working conventions is a plus! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Lounge Co-Area Head
I'm recruiting a reliable teenager/young adult who can help open/close/set up/ tear down the teen lounge and take over if something happens. MUST be between ages 13-20 Not a whole lot to do, just make sure that people follow the rules (not too loud, no inappropriate touching or talking, only under-21 allowed in, etc), will be given a room key to teen lounge
Teen Lounge Volunteers
MUST be between ages 13-20 just watch the lounge and make sure everyone follows the rules (no violence, no inappropriate contact or words, only folks 13-20 come into the Teen Lounge, etc)
Arisia TV Program Coordinator
During the convention, Arisia TV (ATV) presents live coverage of some events, as well as playing genre movies and TV episodes, and presents information about the convention.
The Arisia TV Program Coordinator:
- coordinates with the Video Director to select events for live broadcast on ATV
- gathers information slides to be shown between features on ATV and works with the ATV technical staff to finalize them
- creates a schedule filling four days of ATV time with live broadcast events, re-runs of live events, information slides, and movies and TV episodes of interest to the convention
- ensures that the schedule goes to publications and is included in the pocket program etc
- coordinates with the ATV technical staff to get video (movies, etc) onto the ATV server in an appropriate format
This is entirely a pre-con position. It’s a good opportunity for a film or video buff to share with the rest of the convention. You should be good at communication via email, and meeting deadlines. This position requires minimal technical expertise - you should be willing to learn about the requirements of our video system, and you should be very comfortable with spreadsheets.
Fast Track Quartermaster
Fast Track Quartermaster will be expected to:
- Review existing inventory and compare with programming needs, organize list of needed supplies
- Organize supplies at a pre-con tagging session
- Prepare supplies for each day of the con (each night for the morning, each lunch break for the afternoon)
- Inventory remaining supplies at the end of con
Time commitment Pre-Con ~ 4-8 hours, At-Con ~ 4 hours
Webmaster Team Members
We are building a team of 4-6 volunteers to manage the Arisia '15 website and perhaps do other computer and internet things. Please apply here!
Familiarity with drupal and HTML a plus.